Content tagging is introduced in Sitecore 9.1. It is a new feature that allows integration of Sitecore CMS with machine learning (ML) based natural language processing (NLP) engines like Open Calais. It processes the Sitecore content and return the metadata about the content. Sitecore uses that metadata to create the Taxonomy and tag the content. Taxonomy is created in Sitecore at “/sitecore/system/Settings/Buckets/TagRepository” as a bucketable items.
Configure Open Calais as your content tagging provider
- Get your developer Api key from http://www.opencalais.com/opencalais-api/
- Put this Api key in “\App_Config\Sitecore\ContentTagging\Sitecore.ContentTagging.OpenCalais.config” file
- Look for “Sitecore.ContentTagging.OpenCalais.CalaisAccessToken” settings and update the Api key value
Consume the Open Calais API Sitecore Interface
- Open the content editor and navigate the item you want to tag.
- Choose the available options for e.g. “Tag item” or “Tag item and subitems” under Content Tagging group on Home ribbon.
- It displays the modal window while content tagging is in progress.
- Select the “Standard fields” under View ribbon as “Semantics” is a standard field present in “Tagging” section.
- Navigate to the Tagging section to view the result and applicable tags are automatically selected for us.